Sunday, February 22, 2009

A New, for Me, 30 Day Challenge - ScriptFrenzy


ScriptFrenzy is brought to you by those nice people at NaNoWriMo. In the ScriptFrenzy challenge your goal is to create 100 pages of script within 30 days. I've never written a script before, so this is really a challenge for me. FirstDraft is an industry standard script writing program, but the cost is a bit more than I want to pay for a first attempt. Instead, I'm using Celtx, a free open-source program, to write and format my first script. Celtx is available for Windows, OS X, Linux, and eeePC formats.

ScriptFrenzy begins Aprl 1st, and runs throughout the month.




1 comment:

Alexander Field said...

Good luck on the 30-Day script and thanks for posting the link to the open source version of Celtx! I have Final Draft and use it occasionally, but I actually wrote my first script in Word, which was horribly difficult and time-consuming. Thanks again.